Friday, October 26, 2012

Are you preparing yourself for what's coming?

"Are you preparing yourself for what's coming?" I heard one coworker ask another today.  Hurricane Sandy, "Frankenstorm" - a tropical storm slash nor'easter; whatever you call it, it is on the way to the East Coast, and looks to be fearsome.

Many are buying bottled water and batteries; some who have generators, fuel for them. I'm glad I already filled up on gas just the other day - if power goes out, the pumps could be down for awhile.

But what about another reality that I know is coming? Am I preparing myself for that?

It happens all too often that I am consumed by some stress or anxiety over some minute thing - compared to this coming reality, aren't all daily stressors so abjectly silly?

Am I preparing myself for what's coming? Or am I just busy worrying about unimportant things? Or am I preparing myself for the wrong things; are my priorities misaligned?


Just a brief thought.

1 comment:

  1. I'd hate to see how things get when a category 3 or 4 comes this way. Cat 1's in Florida = just another day of rain.

    ReplyDelete